Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm Not Dead

Sorry it's been awhile, I guess I owe my faithful readers (all 3 of you) at least a minor update. This weekend David and I got to practice parenting by watching our niece and two nephews from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Their parents (David's brother, Ben, and his wife, Misty) spent the weekend in Logan to celebrate their 7th wedding anniversary. I believe this is the first time they've ever been able to go away together for an anniversary as their oldest, Zach, was born a few months before their first and this is the first time they've felt all kids are old enough to be left with sitters for that long. David and I being close by also helped that along as before we moved here there really wasn't anyone they felt OK leaving their kids with for that long. As they are expecting their fourth child at the end of April, they assumed it would be a few years before they could get away again also, so this was the year.

Anyway, as I get off work at 3, I was supposed to come over as soon as possible on Friday so Ben and Misty could leave. Unfortunately, this became difficult as I found out on Wednesday that my cousin, Cameron, was going to be receiving his endowments in Bountiful that same Friday at 5:30. So Chris (the other brother), and his wife, Amber, were kind enough to cover for us until after the session. By the time David and I arrived the children were already in bed, so Friday was a breeze. :)

Saturday I woke everyone up at 7:30 for breakfast and we spent awhile searching for a lost cleat (which was never found). Then we went to Zach's soccer game at 9am. Afterwards we went back home and Michael Carey came over to work with David on SQL (computer stuff). After lunch I went to rehearsal, and when I got back we took the kids to McDonald's and on to Lagoon for Frightmares. We spent a few hours there before coming home, and two of the three kids were asleep by the time we got home. Woot woot!

Sunday morning Shae woke me up at 6 because she was scared. I put her movie back on for her and went back to bed but I was extremely dizzy the entire time. When I went back to bed I still felt dizzy, and when I got up at 7:30 to pray, I was dizzy laying down, kneeling, and standing. It sucked big time. David told me to go back to bed, and he put some pillows under my feet. We ended up missing church because I didn't feel well enough, but after a few more hours in bed the dizziness subsided quite a bit. I feel better now but not 100%. Ben and Misty got home around noon and they've been playing Wii Fit most of the afternoon as a family because it was an anniversary gift for Misty.

Hopefully I will be well enough for work tomorrow. I think I will be fine, I'm just curious as to why I had such intense dizziness. Any ideas? (I had eaten and drank regularly the day before, including some fruit snacks and water at Lagoon)

3 comments:

Mickell Gehret said...

I am so glad to see that you are back! You and David are going to make great parents someday. I hope that dizziness things goes away. . .strange. Love YA

Jon said...

You should see if you can find anything online about what could cause dizziness. It could be an ear infection. The other day I had a really hard time falling asleep and when I tried to get up was really dizzy...I finally did fall asleep and everything was OK.

Had a fun weekend with Andy and Heather here. I put some stuff about it on the blog!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I'm so glad you're back! :D

Dizziness... hmm... I'm with John that you may want to see what things it could be. It seems like "may cause dizziness" is found on the list of symptoms for every ailment. Are you on any medications that list that for their side effects?