Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Chair

David's parents are in town this week for his brother's sealing (which is today) and they have been staying with us the past few nights. I enjoy having house guests and getting to spend more time with them. I played David's dad in chess (I lost horribly) but hopefully we can play again before they leave. Yesterday we decided to tag along with them for the day instead of staying home and being bored, and the first stop we made was to the DI. This is where I found my new love.

As most of you know, David and I work from home. I am in front of my computer for hours and hours at a time. Up until now we've been using our camping chairs because standard chairs and computer chairs just aren't comfortable for long periods of time. However, as my belly expands, it is harder and harder to be comfortable in those camp chairs. I was starting to have trouble getting out of it easily and my back wasn't really a big fan, either. I was having daydreams about Laz-E-Boys where I could sit up or lean back without compromising comfort. Anyway, I headed to furniture when we got to DI, and I saw a blue recliner. It was small but well kept. I sat in it and it was perfection. Not too hard, not too soft, didn't rock when I needed to sit up straight, but allowed me to kick my feet up when needed. Price? $6.00. Can't beat that.

I've found that work is helping my back, however. Due to the work schedule we have, David and I tend to sleep 2 4-hour shifts (one after work, one before) instead of a full 8 hour night. I used to think this was a hardship, however when I CAN get 8 hours of sleep (say, Thursday nights when we don't work the next day) as much as my body tells me that's what I want, it isn't as pleasantas it used to be. Because of the pregnancy, my back gets WAY sore when I'm in bed too long. It seems I wake up every few hours anyway to turn over. Suddenly my naps don't seem that bad (I tend to only have back problems when I try to sleep more than 4 hours at a time. I can get 5 if I'm really lucky).

Well, today will be quite a day. Chris and Amber are getting sealed, to each other as well as their 3 month old daughter, Hailey. They're also having her blessing at their home afterwards (apparently you can do that with the proper permissions...........it's not something I would choose, but whatever works for them). David and I are working until 10:15, then taking off early to be able to attend everything. Luckily our sales so far have been great so the money won't be cut too bad even with the extra time off. The only thing I could use is an extra nap. Oh well.

Nathan is due in just 12 weeks and 1 day. EEEEKKK!!

No comments: