Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shutterfly

So I decided to go ahead and get a Shutterfly account. I'm not really sure why I never did this before, but after our desktop computer crashed and we had to reload the operating system I realized I really wanted to back up my important files, but especially the photos. With today's technology all the photos are just files. There are no negatives to make reprints from or anything so I need to digitally back up all my pictures. This is more important than ever now that we have these pictures of Nathan.

I'm not sure if I will make it public or not, but either way I will give access to my family so they can see all the pictures that I don't bother posting on Facebook. I feel better knowing my photos are safe (and stored for free!) but I still need a way to back up the rest of my important documents and files. For example, the last time I had a problem with my computer, I lost both of the books I was writing (very bad day).

So if anyone feels so inclined, I'd love an external drive for my birthday. Or a webcam so I can video chat on Skype with my family. Or a Cleveland Indians hoodie. Oooooh, or a Cavs winter hat. I need some nice gloves too, mostly for running. I need running shoes too but I don't think those will be easy for anyone else to get me. I wish I could see my family for my birthday....I haven't spent a birthday in Ohio for a few years now. I miss it. :( I need headshots of the whole family, too, so I can show Nate his aunt, uncles, grandparents, and great-grandparents. I'm nervous about him being shy around them the next time we get out to Ohio.

1 comment:

Andy said...

external hard drives are good, but a service like carbonite.com protects your files even if your house burns down or computer and hard drive get stolen.