Yesterday I was getting into my costume and Trick-or-Treaters came to the door. David went down to give them candy. I was standing at the top of the stairs; David at the bottom. For those of you who have never seen my house we have a split entry, so there were only 6 steps between us. Somehow I missed Nathan crawling at my feet and he saw David and tried to go to him. He managed to fall face first and tumble down three stairs before David caught him. He was more shook up than hurt but screamed something horrible. While I was comforting him, his Aunt Jessie noticed his nose was bleeding. First I don't see him start to fall right in front of me then I don't see blood on his face while he's literally right in front of my face. I felt horrible...but I hear it can and most likely will get worse with age.
Can't wait.......
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
1 comment:
Hate to break it to you, but just be ready for more such moments. You CANNOT be everywhere your kids are or see everything and you will NOT be able to stop them from getting hurt all the time. It happens. Live and learn. :) You're not a bad mom! Not even CLOSE!!
Post a Comment