I am most ready to be finished with the sickness that has plagued me this past week. It started as a sore throat last Sunday. That, combined with my absolute lack of sleep based on my new work schedule forced David to put his foot down and keep me home from church. While the sleep was nice, it didn't make my throat feel any better and so I called off work that night. The next day I tried to rest all day and I sucked on cough drops but nothing got rid of the scratchy-ness. No work again. Tuesday I could tell improvement and figured this sickness thing was headed on out. I planned a big going away party but it was crashed by sore throat's mean horrible friends, sinus congestion and runny nose. Headache and nausea also made brief appearances. Wednesday was by far the worst day as I had that blocked nose feeling you get when your nose isn't stuffy (because you blow it and nothing comes out) but you can't breathe out of your nose. I guess the nasal passages are "inflammed" unless that commercial for that one medicine was lying...you know which one I mean. Anyway, I sent David to find more medicine as I realized most of the medicine in my bathroom has expiration dates from 2008 (oops...) and the pharmasist gave him sudafed. Luckily it did the trick and I could breathe on Thursday, but ever since then it's been a constant gross fest of coughing up mucus, blowing my nose, and mostly just trying to get myself better without getting the rest of my family sick (is that possible??). So far Nate seems OK...I hope it stays that way. It would certainly make me feel better about the $25 co-pay I had to pay to get the second flu shot for him since his Medicaid ran out the week before we got home from Ohio and I could get him in to the doctor. How is it that they can charge the co-pay when I don't even SEE the doctor?? That is a crime. Bah Humbug. ANYWAY..........now that you have too many details than you wanted...
Church tomorrow. I must attend. I need to catch up on my Relief Society duties. I fell behind from being sick all week. It's almost 2am, which means I can go to bed in approximately 1 hour. I will be able to sleep approximately 4 hours before I have to work one for 30 minute shift. Then I have just less than an hour to get ready for church. Busy Busy Busy.
Just a quick note from a call I just finished: This elderly woman is calling for a product that is clearly advertised as an EYE SERUM. After spending ten minutes convincing her to order the autoshipment program, I get her credit card number and she starts asking more random questions. At this point she realizes that the product is designed for the EYES (wow, what was the tip off??) and decides that she doesn't want it after all. This doesn't really surprise me. I've talked to plenty of elderly people who just don't have the mind they used to have and misunderstand things all the time. What gets me is she says "I don't like to try things unless I know they're going to work. Especially on my face." Really? How would you know that they work or will work if you don't TRY THEM??? I actually said something along the lines of "Wow, that's impressive. Usually when I want to know if something will work I have to try it first." She didn't even catch on. Oh. My. Goodness. This job never ceases to amaze me.
Here's to a more productive week...and no more sickness!!!
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
1 comment:
Being sick is the worst! I'm glad Nathan isn't sick too-- Hope you get feeling better!
Post a Comment