Monday, June 16, 2008

Doctors Rule

I ended up awake most of last night with a painful UTI (urinary tract infection) that ended with me at the doctor's office at 8am. Luckily, we found a clinic that gives 50% off to people like us who don't have medical insurance, so the lab and the exam was only $122. Not bad at all considering we had to pay out of pocket. Then I got 2 perscriptions (antibiotic and a really amazing anestetic (sp?) that helps with the pain) that were each only $4 at Target. Awesome. Within a few hours I felt immense relief and was able to go forward with the rest of my plans for the day. I was uber excited.

David and I spent a little more money to get new swimsuits because mine was way too old and didn't give enough support if you catch my drift. I ended up with a really cute tankini that I think is wonderful and even (gasp!) flattering. Who knew a swimsuit could be flattering on ME!?! It's a halter top with a bluish-green design and a navy blue bottom with a little skirt attatched. Normally wouldn't go for the skirt type...but I think it looks better than a normal bottom on me. Go figure.

After shopping we spent a few hours at Lagoon with Nick and Chelsea. We went on some water slides and through the lazy river at Lagoona Beach (the water was WAY cold even though the weather was easily in the 90s) and then went on the log ride and a couple rollercoasters. Considering how I had felt less than 24 hours earlier, I felt amazing and had a ton of fun. I seriously have the greatest friends in the whole world.

In other news, those of you who know my brother-in-law Chris might be surprised to hear that he's found himself a girlfriend. Her name is Amber and she is 21 and lives in Bountiful (about 10 minutes south) a few blocks from the Bountiful Temple. She is really sweet and she and Chris make a good couple. They compliment each other's personalities. I can see this relationship moving on in the future. I'll put pictures up after the 4th; Nick, Chels, Chris, Amber, and Michael Carey are all going camping with us in Wendover for the weekend and we're going to light fireworks off and just have a grand old time so we'll have some good pics after that.

Hope all is well....I'll be in Ohio in 29 days!! Woot woot!

No comments: