So I thought I was pretty healthy. I wash my hands regularly, I keep my home clean, I even use Clorox wipes on my doorknobs and phones every once in awhile. Then I go months and months without getting sick and just when I feel like everything is great, BAM! I get sick several times in a row. THIS SUCKS.
You may remember a post a few weeks ago when I had that lovely cold? A few days after that went away (and it went away from David, too, who caught it from me) I woke up feeling sick again, this time flu-like symptoms. My entire body ached and I felt nauseated so I stayed in bed all day....but the next day I felt fine and attributed said illness as either a 24-hour bug (if such a thing exists) or to something I ate. Who knows.
So yesterday David, Chris, and I took my 5 year old nephew, Zach, and my 4 year old neice, Shaelee (nicknamed "Shae"; turned 4 the day before, June 4th) to Lagoon. The original plan was to go all together with Ben and Misty and all the kids, but Joey (the youngest of the three) got a fever so Misty decided to stay and so Ben stayed too and watched Joey while Misty ran errands. We took the other two to get them off their hands for awhile and we had lots of fun. An hour or so before we left for home though (around 7ish) I had slight feeling of sore throat. It didn't really hurt unless I swallowed and it wasn't too bad so I ignored it as best I could. I did get an ICEE though. We went to Ben's the drop the kids off, stayed maybe 15 minutes (by this time Joey's fever was gone and he was happy as a clam because we bought all the kids harmonicas. HAHAHAHA) then went home.
We made a frozen pizza and I watched an episode of Jeopardy! I had DVRed and by the end I felt MUCH worse. My whole body ached, my cheeks were bright red, I felt SO hot, and my throat hurt much worse. Swallowing was so incredibly painful I didn't know what to do. We didn't have any cough syrup or anything, but I ate one throat lozenge and took some Ibuprofin for the body aches. David gave me a blessing too. I found out I had a fever but 5 minutes after I found that out I felt really cold and David brought me an extra blanket. I woke up a couple times in the night, first to throw the blankets off, then to bring them back to my chin. UGGGHHH...
So now I'm up and my body doesn't ache as bad and I think my fever is gone but my throat still kills. I'm supposed to make cakes today....maybe I should bust out the masks we have in our 72-hour kits so any of my germs won't get in the cake. The last thing I need is to make other people sick. I think I'll make some tea, too, maybe that will help.
I am SO TIRED of getting sick! I just hope this goes away soon and nothing comes back.
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment