Brenda = my mom's sister
Rick = Brenda's husband
Celeste = Rick and Brenda's oldest daughter; has a twin brother named Ben; age 22
Derek = Celete's boyfriend; age 26 (almost 27)
Angela = Next oldest daughter of Rick and Brenda; age 19
Matt = Angela's husband; married 7 months; age 25
Cam/Cameron = Youngest child of Rick and Brenda; recent high school graduate; age 18
OK, so last night was Cam's graduatioin from Viewmont High School. It was held at the Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah (part of Weber State University). All of the previously listed people were in attendance. It was a little different than other high school graduations in that the school did not ask the audience to withold their applause until the end...so EVERY single graduate (all 400+ of them) got applause after their name was read. Needless to say, I only clapped for two (Cam and his girlfriend, Brittany, whom I have never met). Also, instead of a band there was an organ...which played Disney songs as prelude and I found I was not mistaken when I heard "My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic) during the reading of names. HA. HA. HA.
The above picture is of the graduating class. Like my high school, the students' names were read boy-girl-boy-girl, except instead of seating them this way, they sat the girls on one side and the boys on the other. The side closest to us was the boys. The grads on the stand were in the concert choir. Another odd thing was that the grads were not seated alphabetically. It was purely random; they just carried cards with their names on them that were read when they got to the front. I guess it works but I still thought it was funny.
Oh, and their diploma covers were metallic gold. I was almost blinded by some kid who was mesmerized by it.
This picture on the right is the proud parents; Rick and Brenda with Cam.
The next picture is the whole family (minus Ben,, who lives in Boise). Celeste is on the far left and Angela is between Cam and Rick.
Afterwards we went to Denny's ("Kids! Git in the cah; we're goin' to Denny's!"). Matt, the engineer, made this lovely toothpick/fork/salt shaker display.
Overall it was pretty fun. I was stuffed though.
No comments:
Post a Comment