I'm not 100% yet but I can definitely feel a major difference in how I feel. My nose is still stuffy/drippy (not to give too many details) but my throat isn't really sore anymore and my stomach feels much better also. Oh, and my fever is gone, although I've turned the AC up because I am so bleedy hot!! Ugh. It's only 70 or so outside but it feels like an oven in my apartment. After the sun goes down I might shut it off and open some windows. Unfortunately, as much as I love a corner apartment (everyone has one here) it means there are really only windows on two sides. My bedroom and Chris's room have windows that open to the south but all the other windows (all three if you count the sliding glass doors) face west, which sucks when the sun is setting. Cross breezes are pretty much out of the question too, and there are no ceiling fans, joy.
In other news, I am praying that I'll feel better by tomorrow because I got tickets for David and I to go see a Utah Grizzlies game for our anniversary. I got fourth row in the lower section behind the visitors box. For those of you who won't know, the Grizzlies are an ice hockey team, but they're not NHL or anything. I'm sure Jon will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're AA or something like that. I suppose it doesn't really matter but they're not pro and they're not college, so they're in between all that. Then again, this is Utah so if you don't play for the Jazz you don't play pro, no matter what sport. Anyway, David really misses going to all the Kent State hockey games so I thought he'd like these. It really if the perfect gift, if I do say so myself. :-) Anyway, because of his job being in Salt Lake and Friday traffic, it looks like I'm going to be in the city all day tomorrow too. Hopefully I won't feel so stuffy! If I'm up to it I'd like to spend the day in the Salt Lake temple. It's one of my favorite places here in Utah and it is so beautiful! I've done several endowment sessions and some sealings but I wouldn't mind doing some initiatories also. I actually haven't done baptisms in ages but those are harder to do if you're an adult. Anyway, I figure it's a peaceful and relaxing way to spend my day and I'd rather do temple work than wander around temple square and see all the sites I've seen before (and just saw again with the Carey's a couple weeks ago). My grandma sent me names that I'd like to get done also, but they're all males. Guess they'll have to wait.
I talked with my Dad today on Instant Messenger. It was weird but we avoided the real topic. It was nice to say hello even if it was just for a few minutes. I told him that I got my ticket to Ohio and that I got david hockey tickets. I also reminded him of some videos I've been waiting for him to dub over to DVD for me. He said he'd try to get them done by the time I come in July, although with his surgery I don't think he'll be doing much work in the next month. I just wish I could tell him how I really feel and make him see how I really feel. I wish seeing that would be enough to make him want to change. Is that too much to ask?
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, the three or four of you that actually read my babblings.
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment