Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Arabian Nights

One thing I learned about my new stake is that they put on a play annually (at least that's the rumor I heard). It may or may not be a musical every time, I'm not sure. What I DO know, is that this year we're doing a musical, and it's familiar to all: Disney's Aladdin. Auditions were this past Saturday and I got an AWESOME role. I am a narrator. I know it doesn't sound all that awesome, but you have to trust me. The play is written with five narrators but my directors felt it was too much, so they brought it down to two. I realize this will mean more lines but it will also mean more stage time. (Whoo hoo!) In my call back, I met Kathy, the other narrator, and together I know we will have tons of fun as our line are full of comedy. Basically, we are the Abbott and Costello of the show. On top of that, we get to sing and there is only minimal dancing (or so I hear). I am SO excited! Rehearsals should be starting next week and performances will be in February, and I know that sounds like a long time, but rehearsals are only two days a week; Wednesday evenings from 6-9 and Saturday mornings from 9-12. I will make sure it is taped for anyone too far away from Utah to come see it.

Other than that, not much going on here. Just working and things....snore.

1 comment:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Awesome! Congratulations on the sweet role!