Nathan is almost 3 weeks old. Time seems to have flown by, probably due to Nate being so laid back and easy to care for as well as my mom being here to help out. He rarely cries, and when he does he is easily pacified. One thing I didn't expect was how relaxed he is. Even when he wets his diaper, he doesn't fuss. If we don't change him for several hours and he is wet for a long time he fusses a little, but that's all. He sleeps well in his crib and the bassinet, although there are times when he would rather be held when he sleeps. He has had several nights where he sleeps 6-8 hours in a row. His biggest issue is feeding. Blame it on the hospital nurse who gave him 1/2 of formula in a bottle for low blood sugar when he was 6 or so hours old, but this boy does not want to latch. He takes bottles fine and he nurses with a barrier nipple, but he won't latch straight to me for anything. I've tried everything I can think of with only minimal success. So I bought a pump and he takes bottles most of the time. This is handy because David and others can help with feeding, but annoying as well. I would rather nurse. I try to nurse him several times during the day with the barrier nipple, but I find myself going more and more to the pump. We'll have to see how long my milk supply lasts.
This is his first real bath after his cord fell off. There are pictures of the actual bath but some aren't as appropriate. Speaking of appropriate, Facebook deleted one of my pictures because they said it violated their terms. The picture in question is in my previous post, the one of David cutting Nate's umbilical cord. I'm confused because one of the reasons I really love this picture is because it shows that important moment without showing anything inappropriate. If you look closely, Nate's privates are totally covered, as are mine. The only thing that would even remotely seem revealing is the skin of my thighs, but more shows when I wear a bathing suit, so I am totally baffled as to why Facebook has a problem with it. I want to write them and ask (as well as reload the picture) but I don't know if whoever saw my e-mail would be able to make the call without seeing the picture and I don't want to reload the picture and have Facebook get mad at me again and possibly delete my account or something. *sigh* Whatever, I think it's totally retarded though.
My mom leaves on Friday...I'm totally bummed! Having her here has been such an incredible blessing! I wish she could stay longer. She has been so wonderful and so helpful...I wish I could afford to give her a huge thank you gift. I can't wait until we move back to Ohio and can be closer to my family.
Anyway, I started working again today. Figures it's the same day as the OSU-Michigan game. Oh well, I am DVRing it, hopefully we can watch before someone tells me the score.
I love being a mommy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment