Monday, December 28, 2009

Nate's Blessing Day

Yesterday was the day. Nathan was finally blessed on December 27th. David blessed him and my brothers, Andy and Jon, and my grandfather Derby were in the circle. I was happy that my father and my best friend from high school (and her husband) also came to see the blessing. It made it a very special day for me. I am happy that we waited to do the blessing in Ohio; I felt like it was the right place and the right time. I know it especially meant a lot to my grandpa because this is the first great-grandchild he has ever met (even though he has five other great-grandkids besides Nate) and possibly one of the only ones he'll ever be able to participate in the blessing of.

One thing I failed to realize, however was the thinness of Nate's blessing outfit. Because the thing is dry-clean only, I honestly didn't even take it out of it's plastic cover until the day I put it on him. The material is not as thick as I expected it to be. Also, on the hanger it looks like it has pants, but in reality they're just large shorts. It was very sharp, however, and I managed to get it off him before it was thrown up on or anything, so maybe my next son will be born in the summer time and then it won't look so out of place. After sacrament meeting I changed him into corduroys and a sweater vest, so he was plenty warm.

Here is a picture of our family after the blessing:

1 comment:

Jon said...

The picture of Nate in the chair is classic! And I love how he's looking at David's finger in the next picture. Ooooooooo