
I mentioned in an earlier post that we would not be going to Nauvoo as originally planned for our 5th anniversary. We started looking into San Diego and Las Vegas but then came back to the idea of Nauvoo. We figured out a way it could work and prayed about it. Now it is official--We are going to go to Nauvoo for our anniversary! We decided to pack and be ready to go so that we can leave right from the marathon. It should take about 20 hours or so to drive there, and we can stop if we need to. We should arrive sometime on Sunday afternoon. We are spending our first night at the Super 8 in Keokuk, Iowa, which is where we stayed when we were married. After that we are checking into the Woodruff hotel, which is across the street from the temple. Our room has a jetted tub and a temple view! We have reservations at the Woodruff for three nights. We will sitesee all of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I think three days should be sufficient to see all the sites, including the Community of Christ tour and Carthage. We will leave early Thursday morning and get back super early Friday morning, just in time to crash and then go to the temple for Michael's wedding. I am excited because I will be able to be in the temple on the 18th like I wanted. We also have a neighbor lined up to watch Nate and Daisy, so that is all taken care of. I would have enjoyed having him with us, but I'm happy for the time to be alone with David. I am so excited to go back and finally spend time enjoying the sites together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment