Hey Everyone,
We are still here, still alive. I realize I haven't posted in a long time. There are lots to things I could write entire blogs about, but I don't know if I ever will, so here is the short version:
1. Ogden Marathon Relay was a success! I almost died in the process, but I was able to finish my 5K, so I am proud of myself! I may continue running at some point but for now I'm cool with being active in other ways (mostly housework).
2. Our trip to Nauvoo was amazing. We got there, had a blast, and got back safely--just in time for Michael's wedding. I took 365 pictures which are all on my Shutterfly page and a third or so of them are also on Facebook. I could do a VERY long blog about that trip....but in case I don't, just know that Nauvoo is my favorite historical spot. Ever.
3. David got a new job! I don't know if the official announcement was ever made, but David was one of 3 selected from a group of 85 applicants for the Management Training Program at Enterprise. It pays more than O'Currance, has cool things like medical and dental benfits for the whole family at a reasonable price, and even includes some paid vacation, even for first years. So far he seems to really like it and I almost get to be the full-time mom I've always wanted to be.
4. I'm still at O'Currance. Good news is that commissions went up, bad news is that they're still trying to ruin my life and don't always pay me these aforementioned commissions. It's not all that bad but it is something I would drop in a heartbeat if I could. Sleeping at night is a luxury I do not get to experience often.
5. I have a new calling as Primary Chorister. This is the third time I've had this calling, each in a different ward. It is probably my favorite calling of all time, but it still scares the crap out of me. This is the largest primary I've ever taught and Uthans in general seem to be a bit more strict about things here....I'm excited, though, working with kids is the best.
6. Nathan is doing very well. He is 7 months old now and learning fast. He can say "da-da" and other sounds but isn't forming words just yet. He will be crawling soon as well. He can push himself with his legs and scoot all over the floor, just hasn't figured out how to work his arms and legs together to hold himself up. I wouldn't be surprised if he started walking in a few months also. He has pretty strong legs, despite his apparent dislike for the Johnny Jumper. His bottom two front teeth have been visable in his gums for about a week and just broke the surface yesterday. This explains his excessive crankiness the day before. Overall, he is still the best behaved child I have ever seen. He rarely cries or fusses, he sleeps 12-14+ hours every single night and doesn't even cry when he wakes up, just patiently waits for someone to come and get him. He's also getting the hang of his sippy cup and loves watching his Your Baby Can Read videos.
7. Daisy turned 1 on May 25 (we picked her birthday as the previous owner only said "late May"). She is still a terror to my backyard but is a loveable addition to the family. She just needs to learn to not jump up on people. Yesterday I came home and discovered a friend for her in the backyard. This large black lab somehow opened the gate, came in, and closed it behind himself (without letting Daisy out, mind you). Something tells me he might have had help. I called animal control after getting 0 hits on his picture that I posted on Facebook, but they were closed so I will call in the morning. He was whining and barking at the door after we let Daisy in for the night, so I had David put him in the garage. So far he's been quiet. Let me just say that I'm SO glad we had Daisy spayed in December!
Now it's June and I'm looking forward to Father's Day, my sister's visit, and Nathan and my's visit to Ohio in July. Let the good times roll!
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment