Saturday, April 9, 2011

Future Heartbreaker

I can't help it - I find this face completely irresistible.
We had a photographer friend take pictures of Nathan for Easter. We hadn't had any professional pictures of him taken before and the price was reasonable. I was pretty happy with the results. I wish there were more with this love-able grin but, alas, my boy has a mind of his own. In other news, Nathan is learning to read! I know it sounds crazy, but we've been using the Your Baby Can Read program with him since he was 2 1/2 months old and he's finally old enough to verbalize some of the results. We work with flashcards just about every day, and of course he has his books and videos. Right now when we use the flashcards, if he's not too distracted or irritated (this is not as common as I'd like!), he can read out loud "happy", "baby", "nose", and "teeth" with the occasional "bike" and "tap". He can also read "arms up" and "clap" but he won't say them - he just does the action. We've been working on locating his body parts, too. Most of them he can do but he has trouble with some. Because he learned to say "nose" he refuses to point to his nose if you say "nose" - he just repeats after you. Same goes with "teeth" and "cheeks". It's fun to watch him learn, though. He amazes me every day with how smart he is. I know people will be skeptical about his reading skills, but I'm looking forward to blowing them away when my 3-year-old can read his own primary talk. He's entering the parrot phase, although he's still at the early stages, thank goodness. David has been teasing him since he was born and now my sweet little boy goes around saying "ha ha!" and then laughing hysterically. He certainly brings a smile to my face every single day!! He is the greatest blessing anyone could ask for. I hope all moms find as much joy in their kids as I do in mine. :)

No comments: