Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here We Go

So I decided to start a blog. I'm not sure why, maybe I just want to get into "sharing" more. I didn't do well with my myspace blog so I'm not sure why I think I can handle this one...but I guess we'll find out. So here's what's going on these days in the Allred home:

David and I moved here at the end of January with his brother, Chris. We have a great three bedroom apartment and I love the view of the mountains. We found jobs within a couple weeks and actually started on the same day. Unfortunately we also lost our jobs on the same day exactly four weeks later. I lost mine because they realized there wasn't as much work as they thought (or I was too efficient) and they couldn't afford to keep me when I couldn't stay busy. David lost his because he worked with some jerks who failed the realize the good work he was doing. I know this sounds biased, but it makes me angry. They knew when he started that he didn't have a lot of experience and that the reason he had the job in the first place was to GET that exerience. They assured him that they didn't need an expert and even told him he was OVER qualified. When they let him go (on his birthday none the less) the excuse was that he wasn't as qualified as they thought he was. It's a good thing I wasn't there, because I would have ripped them a new one. Anyway, we're jobless and while we have savings, we spent a HUGE chunk of that savings to move, so we are both a little worried about money. As much as I know the Lord will take care of us, I'm still a little panicked. My best friend is getting married in July and I have no idea how I'm going to afford a plane ticket to Ohio for it. I've been looking for months and the price keeps going up. I'll be really lucky to stay under $400. This wouldn't bug me too much but I HAVE to go, I'm a bridesmaid and she's my BEST friend (one of them) and with the lack of jobs and income...I'm worried enough about paying bills...

I'm hoping this month will be the month we'll be able to start our family. I am most anxious to begin the journey towards motherhood. It's been over 9 months since I found out I had lost my last baby. I try not to think too much about it but it is one of those things that you have to think about in order to do it/plan it. You know what I mean?

In other news, I've decided to start writing my book. It's a novel and it's one of my goals to write, even if it never sees a publisher. It's not about money or getting published for me, it's the ability to write a book and actually finish it. I'm excited, I have lots of research done and ideas planned. I'll write more about it later, just know it's about my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (David's brother and his wife) and how they met and ended up together. It's very awesome.

Other than that life is normal. I miss Ohio and all my family. Until next time...

No comments: