Saturday, July 19, 2008

Broadcasting from Ohio!

Here I am in not-quite-so-sunny Ohio where it is hot and muggy ALL THE TIME. However, I am having lots of fun! Wednesday after I arrived my mom and brother and I got Hungry Howies (not in Utah, therefore a MUST) and then I went to the church with them and talked with Kira and some other people for awhile. Thursday I got up and met my cousin, Lindsay, and my aunt, Jane, at Ridinger's and we went over to the library where I met up with a bunch of people I used to work with and introduced Lindsay because she is going to start working there this fall. We also went to the bookstore where we got some books and also some awesome clearance clothing items. I got a hat for $5 and a hoodie for $13. Then we went to lunch at Ridinger's. Grandma made chicken salad. Jon came over and ate with us also. I was SOOOO stuffed! After that I went home and waited until Dad came to pick me up and I rode with him to Kirtland for the show. I helped him carry his stuff in then went and took pictures backstage. The show was pretty good, I enjoyed myself. Some people did a REALLY good job and were some of the best people I've seen in that role, but others I thought could have been better. So is life I suppose. After the show, Kira, Kyle, Sister Carey, and Sophia Gawu (friend who used to live here who was visiting with the Carey's) went to Kokomo's for ice cream. I have some good pictures of that but I haven't put them on my camera yet. I do have some pictures of the show though because I used my dad's camera.




Friday I went to my friend, Molly's, house and we went and decorated the reception hall with the other bridesmaids (Rachael and Sheila), Molly's mom, Brendan's (the groom) mom, and Molly's friend Siobhan (pronounced Shavonne). Then we went and had a bridal lunch at the pufferbelly. After that it was back to Molly's and we watched a movie and I did my nails. Then I went and got Molly's gift (a nice frame) and then we got ready for the rehearsal. We were way ahead of schedule all day so we had lots of down time. I regretted not having my book. Then we went to the church and did the rehearsal. It was nice to know what to do but the lady showing us what to do was kins of rude and mean. I didn't like her much because she didn't know how to talk to people in a respectful way very well. Oh well. After that we went to the Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls for the rehearsal dinner. That was fun but also went a bit slow. There was an open bar though so I got a Shirley Temple (channeling my brother, Andy). I got my car from Molly's house and went home to bed.


Today I got up early, showered, and then Mom dropped me off at Molly's. I ate half a bagel then Molly, her mom, and I left to get our hair done. Molly's took almost 2 hours! Ugh! It looked amazing though. Then we went back, got make-up and stuff on and finished getting ready. I was done before most of the other girls but I was smart and brought my book so I got to read awhile. Then we all drove to the church and got dressed in the bride's room. We waited a bit (it was very VERY calm...no one was freaking out like you might think) then went upstairs. The wedding itself went well, I don't think I messed up....then we took pictures and went to the reception. I just got home from that. Again, I have pictures of all of this but they are all on my camera. When I get home I will put them all on facebook and a few on here as well.


For now, I'm tired and I have church in the morning.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Honestly, it hasn't been hot and muggy that much this summer...it started right before you got here! But still, I'll take the humidity and rain (which bring green!) over brown and forest fires any day! Viva Ohio!