Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So Don't Make Plans for September

September is going to be a busy month for us here in Utah! My bestest friends in the world, Nick and Chelsea, are getting married on the 18th, and then my brother-in-law, Chris, is getting married the 19th. Both weddings will be in the Bountiful Temple. To add to the excitement, Chelsea will be getting endowed on the 16th and Amber (Chris's fiancee) will be getting endowed the 17th, both of those also taking place in Bountiful. That is four days in a row in the temple! Crazy! It will be fun though. Nick and Chelsea I believe are having their reception that same evening, the 18th, and Chris and Amber are having theirs on Saturday the 20th. So 5 days of festivities. The only difference between the couples at this point is that Nick and Chelsea have been dating since December and Amber and Chris met about 2 1/2 weeks ago. In all fairness, they talked online for two weeks before that, so they have been communicating for a month, but they pretty much decided to get married after being in each other's presence for about 7 hours and within a week or so moved the wedding up 2 months and Chris dropped $1000 on a diamond ring and silver wedding band set. I have my opinions about their sanity in moving so ridiculously fast, and I have shared them with the happy couple, but in the end I know it is their decision and I just need to be happy for them. I'm working on it; it will just take me a little more time to adjust. I only pray that the common problems that arise when couples rush into marriage won't be so big that things fall apart. Overall I think they make a good couple; I have believed this since the day I met her, I just think they would be wise to get to know each other better before making such a big commitment. I've been married just over 3 years and I've known David just shy of 5 years, so in many ways I do feel qualified to make that kind of assessment (in general). I suppose some people feel that they "know" it's right faster than others though. Nick and Chelsea are ready though. I can see they are already committed to each other 100% and you can just see the love between them. I have fewer worries that they will be very happy together. In the end, I just wish both couples as much happiness as I have in my marriage.

In more exciting news, I am WAY pumped to go to Ohio in two weeks! I am going to be able to see my best friend from high school get married and I will be blessed to be a part of it. Aside from that I'll get to see my friends from the Kirtland Show and I'll be able to see the show, which will be awesome, I'm sure. I'll also get to spend time with my family and just be in my hometown again. I am just itching to be back in Ohio!! My sister was kind enough to allow me use of her car so I'm sure things will be awesome. I can't put into words how excited I am to see everyone!

We're leaving for our big 4th of July campout tomorrow. David and I still need to do some shopping for the food and stuff we need but hopefully I can do that this afternoon. We have a pack meeting tonight and then we're going to play croquet at Nick's so there isn't much time after David gets off work. Plus we have to find out where his mom and brother, Daniel, are. They came to visit and have been here since Monday although they are planning on leaving tomorrow. I haven't seen them at all today though. I don't know what we'll do with them when we go to Nick's. I guess they can stay here. Eh, we'll see. It should be a good time. We have plenty of fireworks. I'm going to videotape them for a friend who can't make it. Just pray we all come back alive....yikes!

Happy Independence Day! (Since I won't be here to post on the 4th)

Ohio in FOURTEEN days!!!!!!

No comments: