Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Silver Lining

I've been thinking a lot about everything that has been burdening me this holiday season. I've decided that above all else, the most important thing in my life is my family. David, of course, but after him, my parents and my brothers and my sister....they mean more to me than any "thing" that I own. I realized that I would give it all up to spend Christmas with my family. So, even though it may be hard, I am truly looking forward to this trip. It is more than just a vacation, it's a silver lining to this black rain cloud that has been hanging over me these past few weeks. This will be a spiritual as well as a physical rejuvination. I am counting down the days! (16, although in a few hours it will be 15.)

We got the forms to defer our college loans today. We are both eligible we just need to mail the forms in. With that help we should be able to hold out and pay the rent when we get home from Ohio. We also spoke with our bishop and he helped us know the steps to take if we need some help from the church. Because we are temple worthy, active members, and full tithe payers, the help is there if we decide we need it. It is a great piece of mind.

By the way, Nick at Nite is freaking awesome.

Oh, and I just found our Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away last night. He was a good speaker and was just so sweet. I will miss his talks but he has been looking more feeble lately and I'm glad he's back with his wife and not suffering anymore. I know he's very happy. I wonder who the new apostle will be...??

2 comments:

Jon said...

Nick at Nite RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I just caught up on your blog. I'm sorry to hear about the woes you guys have been going through, but wanted to tell you that your positive outlook is inspiring! Keep it up! I just went home to Michigan for the week of Thanksgiving and it was a similar situation for us. Mark couldn't even go with me. But by the time I realized we couldn't afford for me to be gone for that week, I had already had my ticket for a couple of months (and I got an amazing deal, too... NONSTOP from SLC for under $200! It was more than half of the cheapest I've EVER flown, and I've never flown nonstop either!) Anyway, keep your heads up and keep recognizing the Lord's hand in all of this. I'd been in lala land for so long about the economy til it finally hit our little family, and now I wish we had put more into our savings, too. Ok, this is a book of a comment, but I want you to know I'm thinking about you guys and I'll keep my ears open. Let me know if you hear of any legal jobs. :)

Love,
Dorese