I know I'm a bit late, but I'm finally getting around to blogging about my birthday! I went to work as usual and was thrilled to receive two dozen of the most beautiful red roses I have ever seen from David. They were delivered around 9am and came with a lovely vase which allowed them to be wonderfully displayed on my desk for several days. I received phone calls, text messages, e-mails, and lots of Facebook messages from family and friends throughout the day, which was awesome. I also received a GIANT doughtnut from a co-worker, which I nibbled on all day. I ended up having to work an extra hour of overtime after spending much of my day on some crazy project, but when I got home I found four birthday cards in the mail, so it was all good. I received some money so I immediately went to the bank and then made my way to the distribution center where I bought a new temple dress as well as a new slip. Mine has been worn at least once a month for almost four years and it was beginning to show wear. That and it was a little tight...I couldn't even raise my arms above my head. This new one still has pockets but isn't quite as snug and it is suprisingly slimming.

I was very excited to get it. We are planning to go to the temple next Saturday and I'm excited to wear it. After that we went to Ben and Misty's house for cake. Having eaten nothing but doughnut all day I was less than ready for more sweets, but the cake was shaped like Ohio which was freaking awesome.

This flag was on a chopstick. Yay Ohio!

After cake David and I headed for TGI Fridays in Riverdale. We had Job, David's brother with us. Ben and Misty were supposed to come as well but they decided to stay home because their kids were just getting over being sick. We met up with our friends Michael, Nick and Chelsea, Natalie and Eric, and Nathan and Rebecca. My co-worker, Caleb, and his wife, Becca, were supposed to come as well, but that never worked out. It was so much fun! Eric and Natalie are from our ward and were some of our first friends when we moved here. They have had problems starting their family as well so they have a special place in mine and David's hearts. We play games with them a lot. Nathan and Rebecca are also in our ward. Nate was recently called as Scoutmaster, so we are in there together. Rebecca is an amazing painter and has been teaching David some techniques. They live in our apartment complex and we have FHE together occasionally. I'm pretty sure I've talked about Nick and Chelsea before as well as Michael. Anyway, here we all are at dinner. Well, I took the picture. From left to right: Chelsea, Nick, David, Natalie, Eric, Rebecca, Nate, Michael, Job. I was successfully embarrassed by a drove of waiters singing
Happy Birthday. At least I got free ice cream (which I couldn't possibly finish).

After dinner, Eric, Natalie, Nate, and Rebecca came over and we played a few games. Then it was time for bed! The next day David and I went to Target and got our Wii Fit, along with some help from certain family members who included dinero with their birthday cards (muchas gracias!!). So far I have been successful at doing at least a little every day. I enjoy it a lot! I was going to get a picture of myself with it/using it............but I didn't, so you'll have to settle for a picture of the Wii Balance Board and the Wii Fit box.

Things are going well here. There are lots of changes happening in our neck of the woods that I haven't gone totally public with, but I will soon! Please keep our family in your prayers as we move forward through life.
Oh, and I found out my sis is coming to visit at the end of May--ROCK ON!! I am WAY pumped.
2 comments:
1. I LOVE the Ohio-shaped cake.
2. I have the same temple dress as you (I got mine in 2005 and it still looks new)
3. It will be so fun to see you this spring!
stop stop stop YOU HAVE A WII!!???? How did I not know this? We should be online wii friends. An excellent way to keep in contact over this lame distance! And Ben and Vanessa have a wii and so do Matt and Ange. So we could all play online together! Do you have Tetris? or Dr. Mario?
And your birthday sounds like it was so good! I'm so glad!!
Post a Comment