Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Nephew

Jayden Asa Allred was born April 20, 2009 at 12:55 pm MDT. If my memory serves, he was 7 lbs, 2 oz and 21 inches long. He was born to Ben and Misty Allred, David's brother and sister-in-law. He is their third son and their fourth child. Being a fourth born myself, Jayden has a special place in my heart. Older siblings are Zach (age 6 1/2), Shaelee (age 5 as of June 4), and Joey (age 3 1/2).
The above picture is David. I was unsuccessful at getting David to hold Jayden (he was nervous because Jayden was only about 3 to 4 hours old) but Ben convinced him to hold him long enough for me to take a picture. He assures me that when it is our own baby he will be less nervous. I sure hope so.

I was able to hold him a bit longer than I thought I would. I was pretty excited. He is just so tiny and his hair is so soft. He was very sleepy, though. It took quite a bit of work to wake him up enough to eat. Luckily I was able to help enough to see his eyes and hear him cry just a bit. He just made me want my own to come that much more quickly. I can't imagine how much everything will change but I think about it often. I know, I know, soon enough...

Misty says I can "practice" with Jayden sometimes. If I have a boy (like I suspect I will), I am excited for him to have a cousin so close in age that he can grow up with and be friends with, although they will be in separate grade levels because of their birthdays.

There is a picture of me with Jayden (see my Facebook), but this one of Joey with Jayden is just way cuter. Misty was nervous that Joey wouldn't be a big fan of Jayden, but on the contrary, he is the one who wanted to hold him the most and even cried when we went home and Jayden didn't come with us. I think he will make a great big brother.


12 weeks tomorrow....YES! Even though according to some I'm still in the first trimester, 12 weeks is definitely a milestone. As long as things are still OK, my chances of miscarriage are significantly lower now. Thank goodness!

I've been feeling kind of down lately. I know it's lame, but I feel like so many things are going so awesome for me right now and either they're so awesome that I feel bad for people who are going through not-so-awesome things, or other people are one-upping me. Why can't I just be happy for what I have??? I mean, I am....but....ugh maybe I can blame this on hormones?? I hope....hate to think I'm really that insanely lame and crazy. On the flip side, Andy asked me what kind of washer and dryer I have because he and Heather want to get the same kind. That made me feel awesome. :)



2 comments:

Jon said...

Yes, good practice for David! Holding a newborn is a lot different than holding an infant

Celeste Louise said...

I still covet that washer and dryer set. Maybe some day...