Basically we spent Friday night at Ben and Misty's because I had a headache but they wouldn't stop bugging me so I told them I'd only go and watch the movie if I didn't have to get up and go home when it was done. We watched "I am Legend" and I didn't think it was so great. Why does the dog always have to die?? I HATE movies like that. Anyway, we got up Saturday morning, got showered and dressed and went to Salt Lake City. We did a session at the temple and had some initiatories done that we needed. Then we went to Michael Carey's and he took us to this sushi restaurant that he swear by. I had a rice bowl (if it swam in the sea, it's NOT FOR ME, right Jon?) with just veggies and chicken. I DID, however, try a piece of non-seafood sushi. It wasn't awesome and I probably wouldn't ever eat a whole roll of it, but I've tasted much worse things. I was proud of myself for trying it, even if it was just mango, a touch of asparagus, and cream cheese. We had so much fun just talking and planning for when Michael's family comes from Ohio for his graduation. We wanted to continue the fun with a movie but we couldn't find one we all liked. We went to Target to get an air can because Michael's car (which we left at his apt) had a flat. We went back and dropped him off then headed home. I read some more of my Book of Mormon and then we decided we wanted to hang out. We tried to do something with our friends Nick and Chelsea but they were busy so we just took off. It was a beautiful day, clear skies, warm...so we went up and took some pictures, which is where these all came from. Then we drove to the Riverdale Deseret Book because Ben and Misty had paid us for some babysitting and we wanted to go shopping. There was a beautiful sunset but I couldn't get a good view for a picture. David got a painting and I got myself a movie as well as some things for mother's day gifts. I also upgraded to a platinum rewards member so now I get double points! Yay! So far I have enough points for 23 dollars of store credit. I promised myself I would save up 20,000+ so I can get all the Work and the Glory books. It'll will probably take me a few years or so but I'm excited to work up to it. While we were there Ben called and wanted to borrow our Pirates of the Caribbean movies so we went home, got them, then went over to Ben and Misty's house. We were going to drop them of and then go to IHOP, but we ended up talking for over 4 hours (until almost 2 am). While I was hungry, it was SO nice to just sit and talk as adults without the kids distracting us and pulling attention away from one person or another. Today we went to church and now I'm here, updating my blog. Yay! I should be getting pics from my birthday soon...since that was almost 2 months ago...LOL.
This is me and Chris goofing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment