I filled out this questionairre for Officeteam that I THOUGHT was anonymous, but apparently it wasn't because they called me this morning to talk about it. Had I known they were going to wake me up the next morning I wouldn't have bothered to do the stupid thing. I basically said that I wasn't super impressed because they haven't really found me any good work. My first job was great but the communication between Officeteam and Griffin was sucky at best and I was the one who suffered because of it. Then they gave me this one day gig that after taxes paid twenty bucks and I was almost insulted by the work load. They offered me another one but I turned it down because it is not worth it to me. I don't know, the whole time I was talking to them I just felt so....annoyed, so uncomfortable. I have a freaking college degree and I have tested off the charts for the kind of work I do and I can still only find ten or eleven bucks an hour? I am worth so much more than that! I don't know, part of me wants to work, make money, etc, but part of me just wants to stay home and take care of things here. Maybe I can even enjoy some free time before I have kids because hopefully that will be soon. I feel in a way that this is my time to read all I want, play Euchre on Yahoo! or whatever else strikes me. Maybe I'm just holding out for this church job that won't ever come. I don't know I just feel so confused!! I don't know what I want, I just know what I DON'T want. Thoughts?
2 comments:
Until you actually have children, there's nothing to "take care of" at home. The responsibilities of taking care of the apartment and everything should be shared among everyone who lives there, not just the woman, and millions of people can handle all these responsibilities very well after work.
Everyone with an education doesn't want a crappy job, but don't expect the best job ever to land in your lap, you need to go find it. Temp agencies are probably the worst place to look. You need to find a head hunter, a type of company that finds educated people for good jobs, not a temp agency that finds high school dropouts to type numbers all day. Create opportunities for yourself; post ads on bulletin boards in student centers for proof reading services, or research companies in the area you would like to work for and check out the career section on their home page. Sitting at home all day and playing euchre is not a healthy way to live or prepare for the future. Don't give yourself the wrong idea about working for the Church. It's still a job like the others, just because it's in the Church office building doesn't mean that everyone will always act like you're in the temple.
Even if you just find a job that is tolerable, any money you save now can be put to use in the future. Having a family is wonderful, but having a family and not being able to afford it is extremely stressful. Be careful that your righteous desires aren't clouding your practical judgement.
I have to agree with Andy here. Just coming out of college you're going to take some lumps finding a job. Don't forget, you're not the only one with a degree looking for a job. It's frustrating for sure...ask mom! And for the stuff at home, again, what Andy said is right. Seriously, you don't have to worry about most of what you would if you had a house (yard, maintainance, etc.) so there isn't much that couldn't be handled in the afternoons when everyone else is home.
Keep looking. Andy gave some GREAT suggestions. Take advantage of not having kids to worry about and get as much money as possible saved up before you have them. You WILL need it whether David has a job or not! And yes, what he said about working for the Church is correct; it's just like going to a Church school...it's not all sunshine and roses every day, even working WITH members for the Church. I've heard that from enough people...
Post a Comment