It seems like everyone who reads this blog already knows, but I shall share again, just because it is so exciting.
It's a boy!!
I have felt that he is a boy for awhile now. Call it motherly instinct, but I just felt strongly that our first little one would be a boy. It also wouldn't surprise me if he looked more like David than me, although I think he will have a few of my physical charicteristics. David and I have also had some wonderful experiences in the temple that I won't share, so this wasn't too much of a surprise, although it's nice to have the proof now. I'm just happy that he's healthy and for all intensive purposes, perfect. That, and I'm glad he wasn't shy to let us know he was a boy. I would have hated to be one of those people who get told "I can't tell, sorry!"
One thing I think he has from me is stubbornness. He was lying on one of his arms during the ultrasound, and try as she might, the tech couldn't get him to move it so she could measure it. He definitely has a mind of his own.
Just so everyone knows, we are naming him Nathan Michael, after my brother, Jon, and David's best friend, Michael Carey. Coincidentally, Jon (Jonathan)'s middle name is also Michael. I plan to call him Nate most of the time. David likes Nathan better than Nate, but when Nate's old enough to talk, I'm sure he will probably tell us which name he prefers. Actually, if it bothers me for some reason, I'm sure David would call him Nate anyway, but I can't see right now how that would matter.
We are blessing him in Rootstown on December 27th. I have my reasons, the most important of which is that I want my grandfather to be in the circle as this is the first great-grandchild he will ever be able to meet and participate in a blessing for. He hasn't stood in a circle for a family member baby blessing since mine I would imagine. Overall, I'm a little nervous about flying to Ohio with a newborn, but mostly just excited to introduce him to my family.
Next job on my list: Complete registries.
I posted this earlier with pictures but I am too lazy to crop them now and I'm too tired to keep hearing that having my full name and birthday on my blog isn't a good idea. So they are gone. If you are my friend on Facebook you can enjoy them there, at least there they are more protected.
Beliefs: Special Ed to Architect
9 years ago
1 comment:
Very exciting...I already bought three Ohio themed pieces of clothing for the boy, but he'll have to wait until May '10 to wear them ;) I'm not at all surprised you are having a boy.
On a side note, I would highly recommend cropping the ultrasound pictures to remove all the personal info at the top, especially since this is a public blog and you have no idea who's going to be reading it. I put a tracker on my blog and I'm getting traffic from all over, half of which comes from Google searches. It's easy to crop them and it's just safe. :)
Post a Comment