Saturday, October 24, 2009

Distract Me

Here's a list of things I can think about besides the pain of contractions in tandem with the lack of true labor or the thought of 11 more days of said pain:

1. My mom will be here in 8 days. 8 days!! That is awesome, I miss my mom!!!!!!

2. It's getting colder. This means more blankets, hot chocolate, cuddling, and my personal favorite apparel--hoodies!

3. The primary program is tomorrow. I don't have a calling in primary in this ward, but this is my favorite Sunday of the year. The kids are so cute and there are always some good laughs. I'm interested to see how this works in this ward because the primary is so large (200+).

4. My calling. As a visiting teaching supervisor, I need to step up. My first few weeks in and I'm already late in delivering birthday candy bars.....doh!

5. To commemorate my full term status, I rewarded myself with double stuf Oreos. As long as I don't go nuts, these are a wonderful distraction!

6. Surprisingly, my house is clean. Well, relatively. The living room floor is strewn with doggie toys and I need to rearrange the bedroom and clean the master bath...but the rest of it is good! Yay! Happy Thoughts! I suppose this is two fold...I can be distracted by how well I'm doing as well as what else I need to do.

7. Daisy. I should try and conserve enough energy to go on her walks with her. She is going to need more food soon, also. Maybe we can do that after work today.

8. Halloween. I haven't thought of a good costume. I was thinking of a snowglobe long ago but I'm running out of time to make anything, especially something cool. Please comment any cool ideas. I would like to dress up to pass out candy if I'm home. I need to buy some candy, too. There are so many kids in my neighborhood...I may need a lot of candy! One more week!

9. I still need to write a few more Thank You cards. I should get on this sooner than later.

10. Christmas. I had big plans to get a head start......alas, I'm still where I was several months ago. If I could at least make a list of what I WANT to get for people, it would be a start. Maybe I can get myself to do that this week. That way when/if I go shopping, whether that be in stores or online, I know what I'm going for.

Feel free to comment any distractions for me that you can think of. Anything to keep my mind off the time and pain! Preferably things that don't cost a lot of money and don't require too much energy. Hopefully the next post will be from David and have exciting news!

2 comments:

Jon said...

When I was on my mission, one of the wards I covered in Sierra Vista, Arizona had over 150 kids in the Primary. I was there for the program and they covered the entire stand and the first three rows of pews...and that was probably about half of the group, maybe slightly more. It was pretty crazy, but it worked. I love the Primary Program too...ours was last week and it went pretty well. My favorite part is the party we have during sharing time to celebrate being done!! :)

Mickell Gehret said...

I could come visit yo and distract you! I saw the cutest pregnant lady costume the other day. This lady had on a black t-shirt and on her belly she made a pumpkin face with orange construction paper...too cute! Hang in there Becky! This is the exciting part! Love ya