Here is the final result of our months of slowly putting the nursery together:

This is my favorite picture because it really shows the essence of the room. My Winnie the Pooh theme is extremely obvious, and I think it turned out really well. The "Nathan" letters were mine and David's little project. I wanted something with his name so we found these letters, used some craft paint we had, then David drilled holes in them and we used ribbon to hang them on the wall. The giant Tigger on the edge of the picture (in the crib) was a gift from my cousin, Angela. It talks and it is so adorable! The baby quilt on the rocking chair was made by my sister-in-law Misty, and I was thrilled to find the same fabric when I was looking to make the curtains, so the curtains and the quilt match. I'm really proud of myself for making the curtains. I mean, they were really simple, but I think they turned out really nice.

This is the artwork we put above the door.

This is a shelf I bought a few years ago that I saved for the nursery when we moved in. My friend Chelsea got me the Classic Pooh stuffed animal and I think it looks really awesome on that shelf. This is to the left of the window.

This is the shelf in the closet. The top left cube is all the children's books I own. I hope I can get some more for and/or after Christmas. I still need classics like "Goodnight Moon" and "Love You Forever" as well as Clifford, Berenstein Bears, Curious George, and all the fun books they have for kids these days. I'm sure I'll have quite the collection eventually. The top right cube is our "Your Baby Can Read" program (this program is freaking awesome, you should check it out). We got it for less than half of what it costs everyone else because we sell it for our job. Yay for employee discounts! The diaper bag was a gift from my Aunt Brenda. I love it.

Here is the other side of the nursery. We got this great changing pad from a lady I used to Visit Teach and we rigged it to strap onto the dressor so we didn't have to buy a changing table. The dresser was given to me by my old boss a long time ago, and I even have a Pooh clock that my mom gave me when I was in high school I think. David's brother Chris gave us the wallpaper border as a baby shower gift. I was thrilled to open it and find it was self-adhesive and I was really happy with the way it turned out. I think it adds a lot to the room. The photo over the dresser was a birthday present from my brother, Andy, last year. It has pictures of my whole family, so I wanted it in the baby's room so he would be able to see his "far away" family a lot. The little specks are leaves from the Winnie the Pooh wall stickers.
We pretty much have everything we need now, just a few little things here and there, but I got a generous gift card from my grandmother and others in my family that will be able to cover the few things I still have to grab. I'm sure when he gets here things will come up that we'll have to figure out, but until then, I feel ready.
Now all I need is to actually have the baby!
1 comment:
It looks great! You really spent a lot of time to make it special!
Post a Comment