Thursday, October 1, 2009

October!

I can't believe it's finally October.

There's a chance I could give birth this month. Ho-ly Cow. If I don't, I will in the first week of November. Eek! My mom will be here in exactly a month. That makes me feel much calmer about everything.

David and I were filling out the calender for this month (it's dry erase), and there is plenty to keep us busy. My baby shower is in a little over a week, Daisy has her follow up appointment at the vet on the 16th, and we're going to try and get to the temple early this month just in case we're too busy at the end of the month. ;-)

Speaking of Daisy, she is getting so big! The vet was really impressed with how well she is doing. She has these sharp little puppy teeth but is doing really well with chewing mostly on her toys. We've invested in a couple good chew toys (a rope and a few bones) and she loves them! We've only had a few problems of her chewing other things (she got one of my church shoes, my glasses (which I was able to replace for free, in case you hadn't heard), and most recently David's wallet (luckily it's just duct tape)). She doesn't like the rain and I'm interested to see how she'll fare with her first winter. Something tells me she might not really enjoy snow. This wouldn't be a problem except that she's a chicken and doesn't like to go outside to potty if the grass is wet (we learned this with our sprinklers), but it's worse if it's actually raining. She made me go stand outside with her in order to go. *sigh* OH well. At least she isn't like Kipp, killing all the grass around the door because she only goes in one spot. She is probably the best thing to happen to us recently. She has taught us so much about love, responsibility, and patience; I feel very lucky to have her in our family. Everyone has been so supportive, and every day is better than the next. Our neighbors have been so awesome and our next door neighbor is actually the one who recommended our vet--I have never been more impressed. The service was great and the prices were really awesome. The way my mom talked about the vet prices for Kipp, I was worried, but our vet doesn't charge nearly what Kipp's vet charged. Once again, the Lord is there, blessing us. Makes life just that much better when you know there is a loving Father watching out for you, helping you along as you follow Him.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Kipp used the same basic spot because that's how far his chain went. Once he stopped using the chain, the grass started growing back.